Monday, December 21, 2009

Missing Ompong

This year marks my husband's seventh year of passing on to be with our Creator, leaving me three lovable and God-fearing children.

For the past years, I have struggled with giving him up and accepting a "single' status. I have always felt married to him. In fact I still carry his last name: Angeles.

He has always been alive in my dreams; we talked and goofed around, doing the same fun things when he was alive...but my dream suddenly crumbles when my mind knocks me off with reality. There was a time that I hugged his part of the bed only to realize it was empty.

In times when I fixed our files, I'd say, "Ah, I will ask Ompong where he filed this document..." because he was the organized one and I was the spontaneous.

During a full moon where we used to go out of our room's view deck, I miss holding his hand, wrapped up in his arms while looking at the big, round, shining moon. I miss telling him that his bald head looked like the moon! And he'd just kissed me "shhh...you are my star". Actually my little girl was his star, daddy's little girl. My eldest son was our family's "Sun" shine, and my youngest jolly son, as our "Rainbow" -- and me? I am Mother Earth -- where everyone of them revolves around -- as my husband quipped.

11 comments:

  1. Jane, a warm welcome to blogging! I have linked your blog to mine at http://lesliebocobo.blogspot.com ... Indeed, Jesus is our Savior and comforter, and in Him all things move. "His blessings are new every morning, great is His faithfulness." Shalom! - Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, welcome to the world of blogging! Indeed, Jesus is our Lord and Savior, our comforter and redeemer. Keep the faith, for in Him we have the victory to overcome anything! Praise His name! - Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took the liberty of linking your blog to mine at http://lesliebocobo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the warm welcome Les.

    I'm keeping the faith...
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! keep writin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice words Jane. Thank you for sharing and yes, Merry Christmas to you and your kids and Ompong who is surely watching over you.-- Annie N.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mother Annie :)God bless your family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Juana,

    Inspiring message of acceptance and moving on...With God nothing is really impossible.He will forever be your partner in doing your role both as father and mother to your kids; a friend to us and a servant to the Lord. Go Girl,you're not alone...Ochie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Mare!

    God 's so good He gave me supportive friends like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jane,

    Happy Christmas!

    Just discovered your blog. Thanks for sharing your gift of gab and inspiring us.

    I also have very vivid memories of Ompong. Parang kailang lang, we would goof around in Eurovilla. I am certain he is very proud with how well you have raised such wonderful kids.

    Hugs,

    Cookie B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cookie Monster (as Ompong called you then)...thanks for commenting on my blog. I guess you also remember kung takot ako sa buntot ng butiki, Ompong is afraid of "ants" hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for commenting on my blog, however I may opt to remove any blog comments that are inappropriate or a form of spamming.