Monday, December 21, 2009

Wacky Anniversay Gifts

This is my very first attempt at blogging and while tinkering with my dashboard, realized TODAY is my wedding anniversary with Ompong - it would have been our 18th year!

God is awesome! He had and has always been my faithful comforter and the fullness of my joy. He is always at the right timing -- allowing circumstances to work together for the good of those who love Him, whom He called according to His purpose. I am privileged to be gifted with widowhood so I can comfort those who are going through the same journey.

Ompong and I celebrated our ten years together with special dates and gifts. The first year of course was the most romantic and extravagant. I received a very expensive gift - a diamond studded ring! It was actually a post engagement gift because I never had an engagement ring.

The succeeding years got more interesting:
  • 2nd - 1993 - We ate at Binondo Chinatown for my favorite authentic chinese food - at T.Pinpin (pronounced as Te-pin-pin)

  • 3rd - 1994 - I was 8 months pregnant with my second baby, we went to a girlie bar (my friend said Ompong must have paid corkage so I would be allowed entry to the bar)

  • 4th - 1995 - We went to Villa Escudero - we ran....and ran....shhh...secret!

  • 5th - 1996 -Allowed me (so long as he went along) to go on a two-hour hiking in the hills of Majayjay, Laguna. When we went to the stream, I slipped face down on a big boulder and I heard him say "Naku! Honey ko!" he was so worried that I got hurt. How sweet...

  • 6th - 1997 - He gave me a guitar, because he wanted me to go back to my passion since childhood. Ompong and I used to play the guitar together, up until my old guitar was broken by my kid.

  • 7th - 1998 - We attended the CCF couple's retreat and my husband committed our family to serve the Lord Jesus Christ

  • 8th - 1999 - Finally, he decided to move out of my in-laws' house (where we stayed since we got married) and we started amortizing for a beautiful home in a quaint place somewhere in the suburbs, the one that I really loved

  • 9th - 2000 - Ompong never ran out of antics, he gifted me with "buntot ng butiki (lizard's tail)! Did you know that the lizard's tail moves even if it's not connected to the body?! Eeeeyeeew! I was (and still am) afraid of "butiki"! He had fun running after me around the house...after that he gave me a bouquet of spring flowers - my favorite

  • 10th - 2001 - Every Friday since 1998, we dated and ate out in authentic restaurants. He decided to give me asian cuisine recipe books so we could learn start cooking our own dish while bonding during weekends...and so he started to cook for me he-he, I don't cook!
Our adventure was disrupted by a Laoag International Airlines flight 585 plane crash on an eventful morning of November 11, 2002. He would have brought me and my kids to Cebu to celebrate our eleventh anniversary.

December 21st had never been the same since then. I've allowed myself to get drowned with the Christmas rush, parties, shopping, workplace and children's concerns -- because I couldn't and wouldn't allow my emotions be buried with Ompong.

Today, after seven years, God allowed Ompong to smile at me, gifting me with this blogpost.

Happy Anniversary Ompong!

You are with Christ, Christ is in Me, therefore we are still together...I hope you can gift me with a new partner :) Joke lang!

11 comments:

  1. You run... and run... and what?! Tell us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi ms jane. very very moving. happy anniversary to you both. i'm sure he's smiling right now too. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog, jane... so touching... :) -- timi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rye,

    Thanks for commenting. Praise God we have the hope of glory! We know that we will meet again in heaven :)

    Blessings!
    JANE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Timi,

    You may post your blog too. I know your have your own challenges too, this serves as a therapy for us all :)

    Let me know if you want to contribute your blogs.

    I'm just an SMS and FB away my friend.

    Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww!! How sweet! :) at talagang new partner?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very touching Jane. I can feel the love you shared even after many years. Must be the reward when God is the center of the relationship. Keep on blogging...it's inspiring! - P3RRY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jane! Ompong was so sweet and so creative! Hope there are more guys like him. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Perry, I'm glad you were inspired and thanks for your encouragement...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Ada, Ompong is also a faithful husband and a loving father to our children...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for commenting on my blog, however I may opt to remove any blog comments that are inappropriate or a form of spamming.